Win a Jerte Picota Picnic Hamper!
This amazing hamper contains two delicious punnets of Jerte Picota Cherries, a bottle of cava, champagne flutes, a cherry pitter and napkins.
For a chance to win visit https://twitter.com/BestRecipesUK and RT the Jerte Picota Competition tweet reply with #PicotaCherryTime and follow @PicottaCherries The winner will be chosen midnight on Friday 20th July 2018. Best of Luck!
Why are Jerte Picota Cherries so delicious?
· The Jerte Picota Cherry is a special variety of cherry that is native to the beautiful Jerte Valley in Northern Extremadura, Spain, 200km west of Madrid. This area is famous for the incredible cherry blossom of more than a million trees that takes place each year.
· It is a 100% natural product that follows a natural growing season, which is why the arrival of the Jerte Picota Cherry changes each year and why they are only available for six weeks each summer.
· When the cherries are ready to be harvested at optimum ripeness, they are hand-picked off the trees, leaving the stalks behind, and placed into chestnut baskets. This is why they are sold without a stalk.
· Jerte Picota Cherries are usually available from the end of June until the beginning of August in the UK, and they are expected to arrive in stores from the beginning of July, due to the cold winter this year.
· The Jerte Picota Cherry are a P.D.O. Product (P.D.O. standing for Protected Designation of Origin) which certifies that the fruit has been grown, harvested and packed under rigorous quality-controlled procedures and has come exclusively from the Jerte Valley in Spain.
· The Jerte Picota is not only unique from its P.D.O. status but also from its stalkless harvest and its shape, which has a slight peak to the base, hence the word ‘Picota’ means ‘peaked’.
For more information on Jerte Picota P.D.O., please visit
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering the Prize Promotion, all entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed these terms and conditions.
1. Entrants must be a resident in the United Kingdom who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who is a registered member of the Website http://www.twitter.com. If you are not a registered member of the Website your entry will not be valid and you will not be able to win. Follow the instructions on the Website to register. Entries submitted via third party agents or proxies are not permitted.
2. Employees of the Promoter or any of their wholly-owned subsidiaries or any suppliers connected with the administration of this Prize Promotion or any members of those employees’ families are not eligible to enter.
3. Entrants can enter the Prize Promotion only as specified in these terms and conditions.
4. The winners may be required to provide the Promoter with the form of proof of identity as Promoter in its sole discretion requests.
5. Failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions (including instructions) will disqualify any entrant from taking part in the Prize Promotion and the entry will be invalid. The Promoter retains sole discretion to refuse entrants the right to enter if it feels that these terms and conditions are not being complied with or for any valid and justifiable reason.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner and/or amend these terms and conditions at any time in its absolute discretion.
7. To be entered into the promotion you must:
· Follow @PicotaCherries on Twitter
· Meet the eligibility criteria
· Retweet the post on Twitter from @BestRecipesUK: Jerte Picota Giveaway! Follow, RT & reply w/ #PicotaCherryTime by 8 July 2018 to #win a picnic hamper along with some delicious #JertePicota cherries.
8. By ‘Retweeting’ the Tweet from @PicotaCherries you will receive one (1) entry into the promotion. Multiple entries are not allowed. All entries must be received during the term of the Prize Promotion commencing at 2pm on Monday 2nd July and ending at midnight on Sunday 8th July 2018 (times are in GMT). The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind that may restrict the sending or receipt of an entry. Any entry received after the Closing Date will be invalid.
9. No purchase is necessary for entry in the Prize Promotion.
10. Any entry made giving another person’s (or a false) name or other dishonest information will be disqualified. Entries will be ineligible if they violate the rights of any other person or entity or are reported to violate the terms governing use of the Website.